Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day 4 - Iftar, Iftar, Iftar, Iftar

It’s been really hot.
Yesterday work was so tiresome because we had 5 meetings at different locations in the city and spent so much time traveling.
Hot sun, air-conditioners blowing hot air into a van bumping up and down, lunging to and fro made me feel really really sick.
PL was nice enough to let me go back to the hotel early while she handled some contract stuff, before our post Iftar meeting.
Yeah, post Iftar meeting.
Then tonight we started our Iftar dinners.
It’s unbelievable and I find it ridiculous.
See, we started off by offering to host Iftar for our Pakistani friends and counterpart team.
They then thought that they should offer to host us.
Then their bigger Boss said that he should host them too.
So now we had Iftar tonight, we will have Iftar tomorrow and Iftar the day after.
All with the same people!
Man… If we’re not bored of each other yet, we’re going to be quite, quite soon!
Well, I didn’t really enjoy the Iftar today- although there were piles of Jallebi and Gulab Jamun, naan, karis and other most delicious looking stuff- including sushi that looks like plasticine! Really!
I had a Gulab Jamun though (yes, Hun..they were gorgeous)…
And had a tummy ache soon after.
No No…not cos the food isn’t good, but because my tummy is never good during the fast.
Had cramps the entire time, and felt myself bloat up with gas, that slowly seeped out of my ears like a balloon very slowly deflating.
Well, I’m not sure if I’m looking forward to dinner tomorrow.
It will be with the same people. Hope my tum-tum feels better soon.
It’s Day 5, I’m desperately missing home, missing my family, my cat, my friends, gossiping and..
My sweetheart….

15 days to go, it ain’t that bad!

No comments: