Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Day 16- 2 girls out an about town

Amelia and company are here! A different change in ppl! =) And Amelia is certainly a better shopping kaki than my previous company!

Last night we decided to go out to Liberty market on a rickshaw. Just two foreign girls out and about town! We walked out and got a rickshaw with a friendly rickshaw wallah who, after dropping us off, told us that he could wait for us to make the return trip.

I must say we were very relieved that we got to our destination. I think we both subconciously were worried that we would be kidnapped and sold off as prostitutes!....but that didn't happen...
thank god!

We shopped like noone's business! I got Daniel's wedding kurta at a steal! I do hope they like it! A pair of slippers for me, a pair of slippers for Alicia and some earrings too! Amelia bought quite a couple of things too!

Then we went to Pace supermarket, where the crowd was just amazing. Everyone was out for Eid shopping. Funnily enough, it was these 2 foreign girls who they thought probably didn't celebrate Eid who had the most shopping bags!

We then stopped at Nirala sweets for me to get my Kulfi fix! I love Kulfi....its sooooo delicious. But Amelia didn't like it, so I had to gobble up the entire thing all by myself..which wasn't really a problem.

We then headed back completely pleased with our shopping escapade. I was horrified though when i got back to realise that I'm only left with about 100 Sing dollars! Yeesh! No more shopping. Only got to get one kurta for Imans younger bro..and maybe cookies for home.

I've put a restraining order on my shopping....or maybe just for another earring or two!

No comments: