Thursday, May 11, 2006

strained relations

relations have become strained in the household...its unspoken...its not quite our style to flamboyantly protest against one another...our actions... our choices...instead...we have electrically charged conversations in the subject's absence...but everything...everything is often reported back...in hushed tones to the subject...

the result...strained relations...politeness with a tinge of insincerity...everyone acting as if everyone is ok...when everyone is not...

the subject... myself...

the subject...my relations...

the subject...matters of class...status...

its as if i've been transported into one of my treasured indian novels...where caste and class separates...and divides...it saddens me that we continue to trap ourselves by these putrid classifications...

what disappoints me is that the very people who have raised me to see beyong class, colour, religion.. are now the very individuals that espouse it...

i throw my head back and laugh at the very contradictions i find myself in...

i may have finally reached a stage in my life where conformity is no longer acceptable...and rebellion is the order of the day...

No comments: