Tuesday, April 11, 2006

ze weeks gone by...

its been wonderful...crazy...mad...delightful...sad...tedious...tiring...soothing...

now that i think about it...the weeks that have gone by have flown by...but there were some points during the week when i felt that it took all the energy in the world to keep my head up and the tears from falling.

work somehow managed to get under my skin as i juggled multiple projects...and had to cope with intense stress levels in the office...the general chaos that i should accept to be a part of my job now...but that's over...and the girls and i celebrated with drinks 2 saturdays ago...

then last week i was in Delhi for work...wed night till friday night...again...the chaos...it added to my frazzled nerves... the traffic...the pollution...the movement...the heat...but it strung me up and wound me up so tight...that upon departure...the process of unwinding was so rapid...so intense...that it catapulted me into a state of relaxation that has since, rejuvenated me...

on the social aspects of my life...its been good...iman's always a breadth of fresh air...and he kept me going when i was down...it was almost as if it was only when i was with him that i could feel at ease with the world...he's also introduced me to the world of the 'budak Simei' or the Simei kids...who've been wonderful company...somehow reminding me how much diversity we have in life...and more importantly how we should always strive to include that diversity in our lives to keep us centred...stable...and always in touch...

zul's been a wonderful friend too...he's always been...but for so many years i had thought i had lost that friend...but i was wrong...his company has been soothing... and his advice always enlightening...he's had some good news recently...and my heart warms to celebrate his happiness...

in the midst of all the happiness...i've also felt some nostalgia...can i call it that?...remembering things that once were...feelings...that i can't forget...memories...that i can't erase...but as zul reminds me...i should see what is in front of me...and cherish it...appreciate it...
i do...i do...

its about the now....not about the then....

1 comment:

PerfectlyImperfect said...

How refreshing to see you write again!
Thinking of you and thank you for -gelato, Tequilla Class entertainment, your infectious smile, your ready laugh, your support, intelligence and advice... and the fact that you ate the watermelon I massacared!