Saturday, February 10, 2007

bronchitis

i'm down with a nasty case of bronchitis. went to bed on friday night almost wheezing as i couldn't breathe without my chest hurting. aisyah woke me up at 5.30am reminding me that i wanted to go for body combat. i sat up and went straight back to bed telling her that i wasnt' feeling great. i woke up again at 7.30am. dressed. got out of the house. and walked right back in to lie down. my breadth was short and my chest hurt. i was afraid. headed to flame tree medical and was diagnosed with bronchitis!


Info source: Wikipedia

Bronchitis is an obstructive pulmonary disorder characterized by inflammation of the bronchilungs. Chronic bronchitis is often caused by smoking, and may be fatal. It is common in habitual tobacco smokers and residents of polluted cities. Like many disorders, bronchitis can be acute (short-term), or chronic (long-lasting). Chronic bronchitis is defined clinically as a persistent cough that produces sputum matter that is coughed up from the respiratory tract, for at least three months in two consecutive years. of the

Chronic bronchitis is predominantly caused by smoking, and has also been linked to pneumoconiosis, excessive alcohol consumption and exposure to cold and draught.[1]

Symptoms


I definitely suffered from Dyspnea. Did i mention that iman was down with bronchitis a couple of days before me. Turns out that Bronchitis is infectious. And my case has nothing to do with smoking. you hear?

anyways.. what freaked me out completely was while the doctor was diagnosing me, she asked- have you travelled to or met with anyone from birdflu countries?

*panic*

"oh, i'm just asking to be extra careful."

*how comforting?*

....

i finally downloaded some photos. check them out


isn't he cute?

No comments: