Wednesday, September 20, 2006

what i want from you

bagalsnob was asked...what do you want from me?...and this is what bagelsnob wants...

This is what I wanted from you yesterday.

I wanted you to say- after you heard me tell u that I didn’t like you meeting your friend yesterday, that you wouldn’t because you think it is more important to spend more time with me (who's flying off for a long time on Sat) and NOT because you think I’ll get angry.

When I said, ‘I don’t like it, but I don’t have to like everything’- I had hoped for you to say- no, it’s important to me that you don’t have a problem with anything I do, because I respect you and it’s important that we are both always happy with what each other is doing.

I want you to understand that sometimes when I say its OK, I mean no its not OK…and even when you ask me- are u sure it’s OK…and I answer Yes I’m sure it’s OK…I still mean its not OK…this applies vice versa too.


When I called you and realized that you are the kedai kopi, I had hoped for you to understand that my upset voice saying nevermind it’s noisy, would signal for you to go to a quieter corner and call me back.

I didn’t want you to discontinue the sms conversation we had and leave it hanging.

I wanted you not to let me fall asleep angry, cos it would mean that I would wake up angry. I don’t go to bed and forget things the next morning. It always just makes it worse.

This is what I wanted from you this morning.

When I said this morning, that I had hoped for you to think 2 steps ahead of me, I had hoped for you to ask me what I meant by it, or ok…instead of keeping quiet, and signaling that you are upset and irritated with what I said, or completely ignoring it.


This is what I want from you all the time

To understand that I don’t ‘throw tantrums’, I get upset about things because there are legitimate things to be upset with, even if you don’t think so.

I want you to put yourself in MY shoes and think about what I’d like or not like.

I want you to think about the things I do for you, and think about why I do those things for you- and whether maybe- once in a while I expect you to do the same for me.

No comments: