Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lahore - Day 2 (Jihad and Banned Blogs)

I just found out today that-
BLOGS are completely banned in Pakistan!
I can't read anyone's blogs! Isn't that terrible?
Hmm....well i gues this is what you get in a country that is so tightly controlled with soldiers hanging out at every corner!
I'm so frustrated that I can blog but not read anyone's blogs! Yeesh...

Anyways....
Today was the first day of fasting here...
And i woke up at 3.45 am to have a bottle of water and 3 pieces of marie biscuits before waiting for the azan from a mosque nearby and compeleting my fajr prayers...
Its so hot here that my lips are beginning to chap...
Eating in public is against the law here too...
So PL and D had to 'fast' along with me...
Eating just a tiny snack at 3pm...
We arranged to meet at the hotel cafe a little after buka, so that I could just have a cup of Milo and some dates, do my Maghrib prayers and then have dinner...

Guess what...
As i heard the call of the azan, I sipped my hot milo, tasted the sweetness of the dates unfold on my tongue, and realised the tears streaming down my cheeks
Looking into my lonely reflection,
I could only see the rosy smiles of my family,
the wonderful chatter,
and the warmth their presence brings to the iftar,
thoughts of hunger for food and water,
seeped away quickly,
replaced with a cold loneliness,
desperate for the warmth of family.

No comments: