Tuesday, August 15, 2006

a birthday email

this morning, at the stroke of midnight, someone special lullabied me to sleep with the sweetest most sincere rendition of happy birthday....

on the way to work i received many SMSs from many of my closest friends including one from Zul all the way in Hanoi...

at work...i had an email from Washington...Seoul..Azerbaijan...Moldova...and Iraq...all with well wishes for the year ahead...

Felix from Kenya sent me a touching email...with a beautiful birthday present attached....read on...

today i turn 27 as the world watches on...and some of it...celebrates with me....

Felix. Photo taken in Indianapolis, USA. Summer 2005


Dear Iva,

Happy birthday to you!!!

I recall the last day in Santa Fe, we symbolized the world coming together as One, a birthday without terrorist scare and alerts!

Iva what surprise do you have for us? I could start saving for your wedding, if you propose or he proposes today!!!

May I take this chance to wish you Good Luck, Peace and Fun on this special day in your life, I will buy candies, chocolates and share with a family on the streets of Nairobi to celebrate your birthday as my gift to you Iva.

Iva we Love you and we join you in celebrating your Birthday from all over the world, there is nothing special like the world celebrating one special life.


Lets keep the flame and exchange ideas and encouragements all the times.

One Love, Felix

No comments: