Thursday, July 19, 2007

it's not safe...


i was working on my laptop in the comforts of my cool hotel room when the phone rang...

S: Miss Iva, it is Sher Afghan.
I: Hello Sher, is anything the matter?
S: Yes, Mr Sumbal has requested for me to inform you that you should not leave the hotel unaccompanied. In light of the security situation, he has instructed that you should not travel around Lahore, except in the office vehicle.
I: I see. Thank you very much.
S: The van will be at your disposal. Please just inform me of where you would like to go, and I will arrange for the drive to pick you up and send you.
I: I know that there was a bomb blast 2 nights ago in Islamabad, but did anything else just occur?
S: Yes, Miss. There were more bomb blasts in Karachi today. Even though the bomb occurences were very far from Lahore, we think it is important to take precautionary measures.
I: I understand. Thank you.


No comments: