Tuesday, April 03, 2007

is that seat taken?

three quarters through the flight, a tall ang-moh came to my seat and asked in an ozzie accent

Ang Moh: Is that seat next (next) to you taken?
Me: No (very politely)
Ang Moh: Is it ok if I sit there?
Me: No problem go ahead.
Ang Moh: Thanks. (he goes around, takes the seat, takes out his magazine and reads)
i continued to watch 'Pan's Labyrinth'.
Ang Moh: I had to move cos there was a huge BO problem in the area where I was seated.
Me: Oooohh...really? (beginning to be interested)
Ang Moh: oh yes! it was a mix of dried sweat, curry and stale smoke!
Me: Oh gosh that's bad (recalling a time when I went through the same ordeal)
Ang Moh: it wasn't so bad in the beginning but 3 hours ago, it started to stink real bad! It's worse than being in a curry restaurant!
Me: Yeah, cos then at least the curry smells fresh! (ba da bing!)
Ang Moh: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! You're funny!

So that's how i struck up a conversation with Ed from Sydney who's a leather trader and Energy advisor. Cool huh? He's really funny and we had a good time chatting!

Anyhow, later when I resumed watching my movie, I suddenly got hit with a terrible odour. I turned and saw a lady. I turn to look at him, and he was nodding his head vigorously signalling that that was her! Man..he was NOT joking.

No comments: