Thursday, September 11, 2008

iftar out

i had meant to bring some visitors who were here in Singapore from india to geylang to see the hari raya bazaar. this was after they complained that the didn't have anywhere interesting to go. so i decided to give up my thursday to bring them. but when i told them about the plans tonight, as in where to meet etc, they told me, 'sorry but we've decided to go to Sentosa instead'.

wtf.

yeesh. ah well, what to do? so instead of having a quick iftar (break fast) with the I-man...we had a long leisurely iftar out. since we were near work, and was really near a favourite old haunt of mine from uni days, we headed towards west coast.


oh my what a flood of memories came rushing back...those days in uni, when i use to drive out to this particular hawker centre to buy dinner for everyone studying late...usually with Mus if i was from school...and once i went with my honours year click. it was a long time since i had my favourite black pepper chicken rice.



i don't know why i haven't been back there since, cos it's really chock-filled with muslim food stalls. me and I-man also had some butter prawns (which are his fav) which weren't half bad! i also treated myself to a luscious cup of teh halia. Yum!






well things turned out well in the end. =)

No comments: