Wednesday, September 17, 2008

cancer prediction

tuesday nites.

i've been trying to spend tuesday nites doing my little part for the community. thought i'd help a friend out at a nearby MPS, where the community in need of assistance, reaches out to their community leaders via the Meet the People's session. i used to help another friend at Marsiling, but with work and all, i just found it difficult to commit. and now, that i feel that its time to get back in touch with the ground...the petrol prices have gone up and in a bid to save the environment, and my pocket as well...i've decided to help out somewhere nearer- that somewhere is Bishan East.

anyhow, 2 weeks ago when i was there and hearing a citizen make his appeal, this particular man with a thick Honky (is that how you spell it?)- Hongkonger accent told me that i had a bad flu.

This man was no genius as my nose was obviously red, i was carrying around a box of tissues and blowing my nose every 2 minutes. But he did give me some good advise. Amongst suggesting that i go on an all green and red apple diet for a week (i mean yeah i need to lose a couple of pounds, but i don't think i'm THAT desperate), he suggested i consume garlic which is a natural antibiotic. He also warned me against the western antibiotics as he said that it would weaken my immune system.

All very valid points. So heeding his advise, i went home, sliced up some garlic, pan-fried them, and ate a whole plateful. I sweated through the nite, releasing potent garlic gas-bombs as i slept.
And woke up the next day feeling much much better, and he was right! my cold went away- in like a day.

Anyway, today...met him again. And he shared with me that what I had was the superflu and that i should be careful. If i have flu more than 10 times a year, its a symptom of a bigger problem. he said that i could have cancer. And he pointed at my breasts, saying that i could get breast cancer.

sigh. what damning news.

but hey. it is possible i suppose. i do have an aunt who suffered from breast cancer. anyhow i spent the night trying to remember how many times i've had the flu this year.

i don't think i've hit ten yet. i hope.






No comments: